With active support from Prof. Y. Narahari, we, at the E-Commerce Lab, have embarked on this mission of reading, presenting and summarizing several topics on Game Theory and Mechanism Design. The topics encompass Algorithmic Game Theory, Social Network formation and analysis, Dynamic Mechanisms, Prediction Markets and so on. We will meet every week tentatively in the CSA Seminar Hall, IISc, with a speaker presenting a recent paper. Later we will document the summary on this blog. The announcements of Date, Time and Venue will be posted on this blog as well as will be mailed to the members. Currently we are having series of presentations as a part of the Topics in Game Theory course, which is to be integrated to this reading club. The initial series of presentations are as follows:
- “Computing a Nash equilibrium is PPAD-complete”, based on the paper by C. Daskalaakis, C. Papadimitriou, and P. Goldberg, in SIAM Journal of Computing, 2010. Speaker: Dr. Moon K. Chetry. Date: September 7, 2010.
- “Efficient Dynamic Auctions”, based on the paper by Dirk Bergemann and Juuso Välimäki, Cowles Foundation Discussion Paper No. 1584, Yale University, 2006. Speaker: Dr. Dinesh Garg. Date: September 9 and 14, 2010.
- “Truthful mechanisms with implicit payment computations”, based on the paper by M. Babaioff, R. Kleinberg, and A. Slivkins. In Proc. 12th ACM Conf. on Electronic Commerce, 2010. Speaker: Alfiya Tezabwala. Date: September 16, 2010. Time: 10 AM, Venue: CSA Conference Room.
- “Better vaccination strategies for better people”, based on the paper by P. Chen, M. David, and D. Kempe. ACM EC, 2010. Speaker: Premm Raj. Date: September 16, 2010. Time: 10.45 AM, Venue: CSA Conference Room.
- “A new understanding of prediction markets via no-regret learning”, based on the paper by Y Chen, JW Vaughan. Proceedings of the 11th ACM conference on E Commerce, 2010. Speaker: Subramanian C A. Date: September 21, 2010. Time: 10 AM, Venue: CSA Conference Room.
- “Coalitions in Cooperative Wireless Networks”, based on the paper by Suhas Mathur, Lalitha Sankar, and Narayan B. Mandayam, IEEE JOURNAL ON SELECTED AREAS IN COMMUNICATIONS, VOL. 26, NO. 7, SEPTEMBER 2008. Speaker: Arpan Chattopadhyay. Date: September 21, 2010. Time: 10.45 AM, Venue: CSA Conference Room.
- “Dynamic Pivot Mechanism”, based on the paper by D. Bergemann, J. Välimäki, Econometrica, Vol. 78, No. 2 (March, 2010), 771–789. Speaker: Swaprava Nath. Date: September 23, 2010. Time: 10 AM, Venue: CSA Faculty Room.
This list will be updated.